Monday, July 6, 2009

living easy this summer

Summer time in Duluth, I love it and absorb it every chance I get. I easily remember the coldness of Winter and embrace all the heat. So most days Myla and I spend the morning in the backyard. Playing in her sandbox, taking care of the gardens and our raspberry bushes or pick up trash on our block. Our neighbors Jo and Kylie, who is 18 months often join us. Myla is definitely aware she is older than Kylie and tends to be pretty bossy with her. But I am excited to see their friendship grow and can imagine them playing together peacefully someday.

We get out often going to the reservoir, the canal, throwing rocks in Lake Superior and playing with friends. We have pulled out our outdoor fire pit and have had smores a couple times. Myla of course loves those special nights. Summer is fun and we are definitely enjoying it.

Myla, Van and I spent last week at my friend Jill's cabin in Nisswa area. We had so much meeting her 3 month old daughter Auna and getting out of the city for a few days. We had a fun time doing the "local" thing in Nissaw. The late morning before we left Jill got the boat out and took us for a nice relaxing ride around the lake. By the end of the 45 minute ride all 3 were sleeping.































No comments: